Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Giving Tree


When I was a little girl I LOVED the book The Giving Tree.  I remember my mom had it in her office downtown, and I would read it after school.  I have learned that life IS about giving.  And that in life, there were will always be the givers .....and the takers, but without the takers in life there would be no place to give.


I think that my family is a family tree of givers.  

My Nanny---giver of love and fulfillment in anyway she can

My Grandad--giver of advice, TRUTHFUL at that :))

My Dad--giver of anything that he has to give....truly would give you the shirt off of his back

My Mom--giver of creativity and a new way to see the upside of any situation

My Sister---the giver of truth and loyalty

My Brother--the giver of down to earth real life advice, and always being there to tell me it'll all be okay


I am blessed and I have a much larger family than this, that 99% consists of givers.   My mom would probably laugh when she reads this, but I believe that I am GIVER to the core.  I may take from these people that I have named, because they are always so quick to give to me.  But I believe that giving is something you learn, and I think that when it comes to my friends,  my past/future boyfriends,  I am usually the giver.  I LOVE to be able to do anything for people I care about, and I wouldn't TAKE anything else in the world in exchange for the joy you get when you give.  A giver is a person who gives until they have nothing left to give, and then takes what they get with joy.  


So, yes I do believe that the trait of being a giver is something that is given to you.  I am blessed to have a family of givers, and I will gladly take what they have given me and continue "The Giving Tree." 


No comments:

Post a Comment